Friday 29 March 2013

The arrival ...

So my new housemate has moved in. I collected Gabi from the Dog’s Trust centre yesterday and we are in the early days of working each other out. I have found that she loves the garden and enjoys a game of chase and the chance to run around. She is also camera shy and any time I try to get a close up with my phone camera she turns to walk away. She is good, too good – as if she is wary of where she will end up next if she does anything wrong.
She has discovered that after letting her out in the morning for a toilet break I return to bed and can stay there for hours – she came upstairs with me at first and after I went down for our breakfasts around 8am and then returned she later came up to check on me then went away again.
We have a lot in common, anxiety, concern about being good and getting things right and needing to take time to decide if someone’s kindness can really be trusted. Well I like to think I have moved on from the last one but it is definitely a pattern I recognise.
It will be interesting to see how our group therapy progresses.
For now my end of term report is that things are all a bit of a haze, emotionally numb and disconnected from Easter despite needing to lead services. Oh well, it’s Friday but Sunday’s coming... sometime!  

No comments:

Post a Comment