Sunday 13 January 2013

Getting in a spin...

This has been a week that has been spiralling out of control.  I have expensive bills for fixes in the flat, ongoing damp and the tenant leaving.  I have been upset and frustrated in work, over tired and apathetic with the Black Dog prowling around.
Yesterday the washing machine broke, the clothes stayed soggy, the Dog was growling, I had been busy all day and still needed to prep for Sunday . 
Today, after being awake half the night, I finally dragged myself up and running late went straight for the car, de-icer was empty, back to house, discovered the kitchen floor was swimming from dripping clothes, ignored it, found spare de-icer and finally left.  And that was just the morning!!
All week I have been sliding towards the hiding under duvet stage, the rapid onslaught of things beyond my control, and control is the real issue. Tonight I am bouncing back – why? Because I gained control over something.
I decided I couldn’t afford a new washing machine, or even an expensive repair, so searched the web and decided to pull it out and see if it is something simple – and it was. The fan belt had fallen off and I was able to put it back on, screw the back on again and spin the soggy clothes.
There are plenty of things I can’t fix and issues overwhelming me, but one victory gives me hope that other things can be faced as well - I even got the dishes washed that had been piling since Wednesday.   
I am still over tired, still feeling like wading through treacle to get anything done, but I am looking out not down – all because I got the spin back!


2 comments: