Tuesday 1 January 2013

A new year....

A New Year or just another new day? Well both of course, there is something important about having review points in life, and maybe something useful in sharing the angst with others, the regrets and the promises to be fitter, healthier, lighter.

I saw 2013 in home alone, well me and my cough at any rate. I didn't even notice midnight pass, but I did manage a glasswork project - first firing in 2012 and second, bowl firing in 2013. 


2012 was a dramatic year in many ways, in the lives of those I walked alongside, and still do, as minister. This will be a hard time for one of the villages I work with as we approach this month the anniversary of one of their own disappearing, and during Feb and March the ensuing murder trial.  And away from public notice the private agonies of individuals whose stories I hold to myself.

It was also the year of my ordination - after all the years of doubt and struggle finally the moment where a congregation stood and on behalf of the wider church proclaimed me and my colleagues 'Worthy!!'  I even coped with the presence of the person I most struggled with in the depths of my depression.

What will 2013 hold? We dare not predict, for as with all times it will throw up its own surprises.  However it will be a busy year at one of my churches as we try to use the 150th anniversary as an excuse for new ventures and a hope to reinvigorate ourselves. 

For me? Well I have a shiny new kiln to practice my glass fusing with and at the end of the month I have a three day course in the 'next steps'.  So with tools and ideas watch out world - Manse Crafts are coming!  

1 comment:

  1. Love that glass work - look forward to seeing what the new year brings for Manse Crafts once you get the new kiln up and running

    ReplyDelete