Wednesday 11 January 2012

On the treadmill...

Ok so today started slowly, grumpily, and still a tad peaky. I went as planned to a lunch with colleague-friends, there was work related chat – in the sharing stories and moans – but essentially social. I was still on the fringe of queasy but ok for a baked potato. There were four of us and the most social I had been since my post Christmas visit to family. It was good in some ways but I was also ‘there but not there’ for a lot of it.  Next week I have 3 days at a retreat which I am still going to but will need to be sociable around large meal tables.
I really didn’t want to go for my first solo gym session as per The Plan, and had to wait until after lunch settled anyway. What motivated me to finally get there was a weight loss aim, it got me there and through the treadmill programme – and 600 calories! 
The doctor wants me to exercise for the nice brain chemicals that get released, well I can’t say I am noticing that as such, but there is the psychological boost of having achieved something. I also think that I ought to sleep better from it.
So all in all a day that was a bit of a mix but had some positive – a great step up from last night, however since tea my stomach has been niggly again, and a heavy headache. So whilst the junk yesterday was not good – maybe it was not solely to blame and some side effects are kicking in now, it is only about day 5 of these pills.
Anyway my head would prefer a darkened room so I will post this and lights out...

No comments:

Post a Comment