Friday 13 January 2012

Learning to take the scenic route...

School went fine this morning, it was the basic class, it wasn’t appropriate yet for anything pastoral though that may come later.  It was odd to put on the collar for the first time since Christmas day, particularly since officially on the sick, though I did come clean to my supervisor beforehand. I was late because my usual route is blocked for works (and will be for months!) and I got lost in the backroads as well as behind the slowest driver in the county.  The positive thing is that I didn’t get over flustered,  or over whelmed as I did at something less last week (which was what made me realise I was not ready for work).
I called in to see friends after that whilst in the area for a brief chat before the return journey – started better but still somehow found a more scenic route. I will have to study the maps before I am back to work full time as to get to half my churches I will need the diversion.
It was an exercise rest day, but the morning’s trip gave me enough activity for the day, and I slept the afternoon. It shows that I still am not up to full time but then I am only a week into my 3 weeks of leave, and on the meds handover as well.
I have prescribed myself some reading for whenever I feel awkward or guilty about this time off. It is a book I brought before Christmas when getting some other seasonal ones. It claims to be a children’s book but I think it should be compulsory reading for many adults. Jesus' day off by Nicholas Allen
Basically Jesus is losing his touch, he needs a break, and he takes one at doctor’s orders but then gets guilty about what he could have been doing instead. Then when he goes to talk to his Dad, he is pointed to lots of good things happening because of his day off.

No comments:

Post a Comment