Tuesday 11 June 2013

A 'comeback' day

So today is a good comeback day, it began waking up from one of those really vivid, as tiring as if you have worked all night, confusing dreams – this involved sorting out random furniture in a church hall, with the WI, drama society and general chaos and politics! I still need to get to stage 2 of sorting out my own space first thank you!
Tired I fed the dog opened the garden door and returned back to bed until nearly 2pm.

Bribery to get a photo...

It got better after that, as my day off, and knowing she will be short changed the next couple of days with a full diary, I decided to head off to nearby National Trust place and use my season ticket to go for a long walk around the grounds. We got back from that and I managed to strim a bit more of the meadow that is my back garden, then Gabi let me groom her without needing a lead to confine her.  It was funny to watch her indecision about running away from me, or coming towards me, ... 'lets head that way, no I will, well maybe, yes, no, ohhh, ok I will go to her'!  We then had dinner and mine was real food made from actual vegetables!  A very nice veggie curry with portions for another couple of days.

At the National Trust place I finally brought the kind of local map that shows the footpaths so Gabi and I can explore more places. I am not confident enough to see a footpath sign at the road and feel that I can head across a field and somehow work out where it goes from there, I don’t want to end up where I don’t have public right of way and get all anxious and embarrassed. So now I can look up some  variety of walks and she can get used to the car being a way to get to some good times.

With a branch wider than most tree trunks this has been around a while!!

Part of me feels ready to face a bit more garden, but I am controlling it – lessons from my bad fatigue days, when recovering only use 75% or less of what you feel up to, so you have some saved for the new day.  It is tempting to get as much as possible done on a good day, but better to still be able to do some the day after. So I will add some pics from today, (taking note from the tree, slow and steady wins the long haul) and head to bed... Nos da.

No comments:

Post a Comment