Wednesday 31 October 2012

Lord make me organised....maybe

I think it was Augustine that prayed 'Lord give me chastity ...but not yet!'

No, you are not going to get any X rated confessions. Just my musing about how many times I declare that 'I will get organised, starting from now' and completely fail...

There are enough hours in the day to do a bit more than I do if only I was organised about it. Not spending time looking for that not-filed, mis-flied bit of paper.  I generally know where I last used it, but if visitors have prompted a gathering up and dump back into the study then it is open season...

Actually I am not that bad at being organised, it just feels a long time from when I was considered the team's organised person - I got rumbled when a team mate said 'you're not that organised, you just write it all down!'

But this job has lots of fuzzy edges, so add on the mix of energy and no energy moments I get as well and it is a recipe for potential chaos.

So every so often I declare that I WILL get organised,  and this time I have extra help. No not divine intervention, but a small plate from my Nan's house clearance on her move into a home.  It is 'A Round Tuit' - for years I have seen this at her house, and now it is mine, all mine... so no more excuses!!  Everything I said I would do when I got a round tuit, well now I have one.

If only it was that simple!
If only everything was that simple...

But back in the real world, I still need to get organised, but next week, once X and Y have come and gone, then, maybe then, I might get organised.

Or maybe pigs will fly.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment