Tuesday 1 March 2016

All change....

Been away too long, in that time I have moved from my 6 rural churches to 4 churches in West Yorkshire in communities closer to town, and with textile mill heritage, but now commuter villages. There is still enough rural to see sheep in the fields and occasionally meet a tractor, and good walks for Gabi the dog, though hedges replaced with stonewalls. Yet with a big town and ring road within a couple of miles.

I have been here since August for a September start with the churches. I had forgotten how tiring it is when everything is new, the people, the way things usually happen, finding places you are due to be at - rediscovering that it is not miles that affect journey time but traffic.

Gabi and I am settling well, 7-8 months have gone so quickly. The moods come and go too, moving home may allow for a lot of clearing out but you take yourself with you warts and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment