Tuesday 2 September 2014

Too good at being bad* ??

I live with major depression. I suffer with competence, or at least being able to do a good impression of it. On the outside I look competent, so yes I make meetings, may even be in fresh clothes, but can take hours to psych up for sending basic email, and if you need a phone call...

I feel needy, or wrong, or just demanding. And if I didn't get your reply to my query I feel even worse about nagging.

But I can't do ill well enough either. I sound too together to the psych team, and if in work then...  But that doesn't quite mean as they may think. Not neat office hours of coping, more spurts along the way.

So a new person to see, the plan from last one shelved, new plan, see you in 3 or 4 months. If it is still you not the next rotation, what will the next one say?

Meanwhile I muddle on, will have a month of staged withdrawal from one of my current meds - that is known to be tough so if cranky a month from now you know why (let alone the nausea etc). Then start on the 2nd drug that increases weight - from the munchies I think, for a month on starter and then up to full - so guard your cakes in Harvest Festival season and beyond

* Bad is Wenglish (South Wales speak) for being 'poorly', as in the clichéd "she's been bad in bed under d'doctor"

1 comment:

  1. Dear Helen ... I wish there was something I could to help from this end.
    I find it hard to believe that the previous schedule has been abandoned.
    Sorry not to come up with any trite aphorisms. But I'll try to pray with imagination & empathy if nothing else. S

    ReplyDelete