Sunday 19 January 2014

Now where's that passport?

Actually I will be due a new one, didn't bother to renew it when it ran out a couple of years ago - not until I knew I would need it, and now I do.  I will be spending the summer in North Carolina in the US of A!

I had thought about applying to the Methodist exchange programme a year or so ago, then shelved the idea when I adopted Gabi - no way would I put her in kennels for 6 weeks when the last time she was in them she was being sent away for good from her last home.  But back in Sept the plan bounced back, and I realised there were other options for dogcare, and so I got the permissions and applied to swap my home and churches with those of a Methodist minister elsewhere.  Then it all went quiet... until this week when I heard about my match.

So for the summer I will be temporary minister to  2 churches on the edge of the town of Asheville at the foot of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Western North Carolina, its a hard gig but someone has to do it eh?  Meanwhile their minister and his wife will live here and look after my 6 little chapels - not too tough a gig for him either in this beautiful corner of Britain.

Reeves Chapel, Ashville NC

It is good to have something new and interesting to focus on as the winter blues are bad this year and I am having a lot of duvet time.  But in other news I have had the letter from my referral so Monday morning I will ring them and get an appointment date, I'm ready for new ideas having worn out the GPs options.

For now, the rain has paused so time for Gabi and I to head out for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment